Data privacy is a topic of growing concern for private individuals and global companies alike. When you lose your device or experience a security breach, it can be stressful and scary. Even your employer is concerned when access to your personal systems is attacked. Think of how many work-related things you do on your personal device? You may access your payroll system to retrieve pay statements, read and send work email, monitor company social media accounts, and much more.
Protecting your data is your responsibility. Here are few tips to consider:
- Create strong passwords and change them often.
- Be conscious of privacy settings and monitor any changes.
- Obtain reliable security for your devices.
- Turn on any anti-theft settings on your device.
- Back up your data with reliable hardware and software solutions.
- Don’t reuse passwords.
- Watch out for Bluetooth or public wi-fi vulnerabilities.
- Keep your systems up to date.
- Close any online accounts you no longer use.
- Monitor breach news and make updates to your account security as needed.