Software Engineer III
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems and coaching software developers? We’re hiring a Software Engineer III who is ready to dive in and provide solutions to real-world problems. This is an excellent opportunity to work side-by-side with experienced developers, grow your skills, and coach junior developers!
Job Location: 3485 W Harmon Ave Ste 100, Las Vegas, NV 89103 or 3905 Vincennes Rd Ste 515, Indianapolis, IN 46268
Schedule: Day shift, full-time
Interview Process: 3 rounds of video interviews – Initial, Technical, Team.
Sigma Commerce is a developer of ERP software for the ecommerce retail industry. We help our clients manage every step of their business by integrating ecommerce, customer service, and business processes. With Sigma Commerce’s multi-channel retail solution, a business owner has one platform to house information from all order management points: call centers, web stores, and retail stores.
About the Role
The Software Engineer III C#/C++ is responsible for writing functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects, plus troubleshoot, repairing, and refactoring existing code. This position will perform software engineering and programming for Sigma Commerce’s suite of applications. You should be a team player and an excellent communicator. If you are passionate about the .NET framework and software design/architecture, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to work with internal teams to maintain legacy software and design the next generation of software. Primary duties include:
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor, and debug code
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle
- Participate in code reviews as a way to learn and grow, as well as to help your fellow team members learn by providing helpful feedback
- Look for areas of improvement, with the code, architecture, and infrastructure
- Openly communicate progress and concerns, share ideas, support team members, answer questions, and mentor other software developers
- Work independently and within a team, when appropriate
This is a full-time salaried position reporting to the IT Manager.
- Demonstrated understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience writing SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server or another Relational Database
- Understanding of Service-Oriented and Microservice Architecture
- Attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Desire to grow in career to include mentoring and leadership of other technology staff
- Experience with MIDL compiler, COM, and COM+
- Full-stack development background a plus
- Prior experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field a plus